Tuesday, October 31, 2006



I hate it when someone makes something I've thought of but dismissed as stupid, then I see how cool it is (I mean the paper plane coffee table). The chair above however...how someone could spend all that time and money on building the molds and still get the chair angles wrong, you'd slide right off. Been going through some design sites, bit of a boom going on these days but seems like theres way too much novelty just for the sake of it, or work that is witty but that only people with a design education would get the joke, which seems a bit elitist to me. Give it 3 years and things will change, especially with an energy crisis on the way. We'll all be sitting on well proportioned knotty pine stools and people might face up to just how toxic even supposedly green furniture really is.

Casting resin sucks, toxic shit, creeps up the sides of the table legs, it'll be ok if I can scrape it off but I'm not too pleased with it, will see when I take the mould off it might be ok. Will try concrete tomorrow or maybe shellac, or maybe timber tops with white steel legs...